Vietnamese Martyrs Church
8181 Florin Road, Sacramento, CA 95818
VIETNAMESE (TIẾNG VIỆT)
Saint Joseph Education Center
The policy of Joseph Education Center provides essential guidelines to enhance Student's education and Parent/Teacher involvement. These rules and regulations encourage a good environment, enhance learning, cultivate students to become fervent Christians, and improve social usefulness.
- Be in class on time: Sunday morning by 9:20 am.
- Always wear clean clothes, discreet, neat hair. With Eucharistic Youth uniforms, must tuck your shirt in your trousers, wearing scarf according to designated branch.
- Bring all required books, notebooks, pen, pencil, and homework to class.
- Always respect the members of Executive Board, teachers, and Friends.
- Do not talk, scream, or cause disturbance in the classroom.
- Do not use improper language, fight with each other. Do not take other people's belongings.
- Do not use of cell phone or any electronic devices, no text messaging, use of ear phone, playing games /music in class and especially during Mass.
- Do not leave class without permission of the Teacher.
- Do not litter, draw and write on the tables, chairs or walls.
- Do not eat, drink or chew gum in class. Absolutely no smoking in the church premises. Always maintain a neat and clean the church environment.
- Do not bring fire, firearms, or sharp and dangerous objects to classroom or on church premises.
- Every week, each student should attend Sunday Mass, attend catechesis, attend course of Vietnamese Language, and the Eucharistic Youth Activities.
- Active participation in class, study hard, participate in conversation, and appropriately ask questions as needed.
- Parents must bring their child to school on Sunday in the morning by 9:15am, all classes begin on time, at 9:20am.Please check to ensure your child(ren) has books, and uniforms before bringing them to school.
- Parents must come to school office to fill out a permission form when your child(ren) is absent or needs excuse to leave early.
- Student arrive in the classroom5 minutes after the bell rang is considered tardy. Three (3) tardies count as one absence.If your child(ren) have three (3) absences in a year, your child(ren) will not be allowed to promote to the next level.
- Once the students lost his/her textbooks, parents much buy replacement books for their child(ren).
- Saint Joseph Education Center is NOT responsible for child(ren) leaving the parish premises during Mass, study hours or Eucharistic activities.
- Parents need to pick up their child(ren) immediately after class.Once classes are done, the parish has no responsibility for your child(ren).
- A student have three violations of policy, the staff notify parents of their child misbehavior, and parents must collaborate with staff to find a way to improve the student performance.
- Parents are responsible to remind students to follow St. Joseph Education Center’s rules and regulations, encourage their children's education, and diligently assist in their homework, sign and submit the homework.
- Parents must volunteer to assist the teacher at least one (1) time a year for each child as well as participate in the activities of Parents and Teachers Association.
- To Support the students and Saint Joseph Education Center, it is best and necessary for parents to be present in the Opening and Closing Ceremonies, and with their children, attending Mass on the first date and last date of school year.
Vice Pastor: Rev. Peter Dinh Tien Vien, CMC Saint Joseph Education Center
July 28, 2016